To ensure your tan is flawless and even, please follow this simple guide.
Preparation Before Your Treatment
- It is preferable not to apply any type of perfume, deodorant or aromatherapy oils on the day of your treatment as these will reduce the results.
- Waxing or shaving should be completed at least 24 hours prior to the treatment to reduce sensitivity.
- The evening before or the morning before your treatment, exfoliate your entire body using St. Tropez Body Polish. Pay special attention to dry areas of your body such as hands, elbows, knees and feet.
- Wear dark, loose fitting clothing with a dark coloured bra or preferably no bra at all. Please be aware the guide colour can stain light hair, man-made fibres and wools.
- We recommend you have a patch test prior to every St. Tropez Spray Tan Treatment.
- The application takes up to 15 minutes to cover the whole body.
- The bronzing Mist will dry on your skin in just a few minutes so you can dress straight after the treatment.
- Avoid touching or rubbing the applied tan once the treatment is completed.
- For the short period that your face is sprayed, close your eyes and do not inhale. If you suffer respiratory problems, please contact your Doctor before having the treatment.
- St. Tropez highly recommends that extraction is present in a Spray Tan room. If you are unsure, please ask your therapist before commencing with the treatment.
After Your Treatment
- Your tan will begin to develop immediately after your treatment.
- Do not shower or bathe for a minimum of 8 hours after your treatment.
- Do not participate in any activity which may cause perspiration for at least 12 hours after the treatment.
- It is fine to leave the guide colour on overnight and wash in the morning. Some guide colour may transfer to bed linen. This will wash out of cotton but not so easily from man-made fibres or wool.
Tan Maintenance Tips
With the correct aftercare, your tan will last longer.
- Apply St. Tropez Body Moisturiser or NEW St. Tropez Booster daily in between self tan applications to maintain your tan for longer and to ensure even fading.
- Exfoliate your skin with St. Tropez Body Polish every 3 days to ensure your tan fades evenly.
- Do not rub, but pat your skin dry after showing or bathing.
- Avoid swimming pools as chlorine can bleach the tan.
WARNING: St. Tropez products do not contain a sunscreen and do not protect against sunburn. Repeated exposure of unprotected sun while tanning may increase the risk of skin aging, skin cancer and other harmful effects to the skin even if you do not usually burn.